Ford Transit Connect Forum

Accelerater response

Benjie

Just wondering if anyone can maybe put my mind at ease I’ve recently bought a connect (2015) in a stunning gun metal grey. Every thing is fine with it but it sometimes feels  as if the acceleration is lacking on pull off. Its nothing to do with the A/C because it’s not on. Just wondering if anyone else feels like there connect dose this. 

The TC is my first 6 speed auto FWD vehicle and I find that I have to be pretty gentile on take-offs from a standing start lest I spin the tires, so I'm not sure what you mean by "lacking on pull off"  -  I find the opposite to be true.  In first and second, it's very responsive for a 4 cylinder vehicle, even when pulling a trailer

Don

So basically when ever I’m pulling off I feel like I’m having to give it a little bit more on the revs or it seems like it will  stall. It might be me not used to it etc before I had the TC I had a transit sport (62 plate) and I have a (67 plate) transit custom that I use for work my TC is basically my project van that I’m installing a really good sound system in an looking to get a bit more power from it so thought I would start off with this an see if anyone else found the TC like this or it’s just me been a bit to pradantic about things.