Does anyone have access to schematic(s) showing the door sensors on 2016 model? Maybe someone already posted these but I don't know where to look?

Which sensors? This post shows the door latch sensors. 

FYI, I actually used this modification while driving  at night  recently. Almost forgot it was there.

Posted (edited)

For the rear and side cargo doors, forget about the front doors. It appear the side door sensors may be in the door posts. 

Edited by OLDSCHOOLFOOL

Many thanks. Where your goal appeared to be to turn on all the lights (without actually opening a door), mine is to keep the lights from coming on when any of the cargo doors are opened. Until I ask for it.

It looks like you just need to bypass/overide the door ajar switch. My guess is the switch pulls the signal going to the BCM to ground. I don't have the schematic for the latch mechanism.

It looks like you just need to bypass/overide the door ajar switch. My guess is the switch pulls the signal going to the BCM to ground. I don't have the schematic for the latch mechanism. 

It may be easier to modify the wiring at the BCM. It is behind the glove box and very easy to access. Maybe install a switch that grounds the door ajar signals.

6 hours ago, Don Ridley said:

It looks like you just need to bypass/overide the door ajar switch. My guess is the switch pulls the signal going to the BCM to ground.

Pretty much my thinking. I believe I could use a switch or switches to jumper the door ajar switches either at one location or multiple locations.

Or simply jumper the sensors/switches. If I install new lights for the cargo area and use a separate source of power then the annoying outside lights would never come on when you open one of cargo doors. As it should be.

Would like to have my plan in place before I start to modify the back area.