Ford Transit Connect Forum

volo performance

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After putting 2,500 miles since I've installed the chip...I have observed the following:

I put a K & N air filter on the vehicle, I also put in a Scott's re-usable oil filter and am now running Amsoil 5W30. Before I installed the chip, I had a very mushy spot in the throttle around 3000 rpm. After installation, the soft spot has disappeared. In my opinion, this chip has increased the performance of my TC, not to the point where I can do burn outs going down the on ramps but it does seem to have quite a bit of vigor in the mid range. My tools to measuring the performance changes are my ass-ometer and my scan gauge. Most of my driving has been on the highway and I have a project that takes me to Maryland 1x month and I use Rt 83 as my test bed for changes. I found that my motor seems to be happy to run at 3,500 rpm, somewhere around 80+ mph. At that speed I am still averaging 26 mpg. I did do one run not exceeding 65 mph and my mileage was in the low 30's. Again, on fairly flat highways. All in all... I give the chip 2 thumbs up! Side note, a friend of mine as a Ford full size van with a V8 in it, he ordered their fuel economy chip and has reported to me an increase of 3 mpg. So it can't all be smoke and mirrors.

I would also accept contrbutions for a Dyno run with my TC. There is a speed shop in York, PA that has a new one installed and if anyone really wants hard numbers, please pm me for contributions to the Dyno-run fund.

I really like my TC and I've done some further mods which I will post at a later date.

oops i have 11,500 on the tc installed the product at 9,500

Edited by Flying Media

First of all I'm glad you love your transit.

I'm trying really hard not to sound like a jerk with what follows.

Your engine has a break in period. Generally somewhere between 1,000 and 5,000 miles it breaks in and you naturally see an increase in horsepower and fuel economy. Some models of vehicles even have preprogramed break in periods in their computer. Which will alter things like shift points and fuel mapping to assist the motor in break in.

Now I am not saying all chips are hokey and your money was parted from you. I'm just saying that it might be best to do your back to back (installed vs. stock) dyno runs when your transit has more than 10k miles on it.

Keep us updated.

• 1 year later...

How long after you installed the chip did it take before you noticed a difference ? I've seen where it can take more than 100 miles for the chip to start working.

I ordered one today and I'm going to get the K&N filter tomorrow. Do you run 92 octane gas now? Thanks in advance for any info.