Ford Transit Connect Forum

Trying to find approx delivery date

(Previously Incorrectly posted this in the News and Articles forum) I am getting a Transit Connect through Siemens Building Technologies. It was ordered in March. I have been sent a gas card from Wheels, Inc., the company that Siemens leases the vehicles from. I have had the gas card for over a month but have not heard anything about the vehicle arriving. The gas card literature has the full VIN number, so I am assuming the vehicle was built and shipped. The last six digits of the VIN# are 040315. Can anybody in this forum tell by the VIN# an approximate delivery date?

(Previously Incorrectly posted this in the News and Articles forum) I am getting a Transit Connect through Siemens Building Technologies. It was ordered in March. I have been sent a gas card from Wheels, Inc., the company that Siemens leases the vehicles from. I have had the gas card for over a month but have not heard anything about the vehicle arriving. The gas card literature has the full VIN number, so I am assuming the vehicle was built and shipped. The last six digits of the VIN# are 040315. Can anybody in this forum tell by the VIN# an approximate delivery date?

I accepted a white one out of inventory two weeks ago but was told it would be late Jan or Feb if I ordered one. Sounded a bit like BS to me but I did read that transit was 90+ days.

For a search 8 digits are needed. Added AT based on other TC numbers. If correct, it is at the MODCENTER. It is showing an ETA of August 13. Depending on the final destination that date will be updated soon if it is not met. Time at the ModCenter depends on upfitting to be completed. It started the ModCenter process on July 26. Good news, it made the journey across the ocean. The dealer should be able keep you informed as to status updates.

Thanks for the replies. I have contacted the dealer and all they could say it that it was built on June 23rd.

They told me to contact Wheels, Inc. the leasing company used by Siemens. The Wheels rep. gave a date of SEPT. 27 !!!!

If it has, as kmoilan1 said, been in the MODCENTER process since July 26, I don't understand why it would take 2 months to get from the MODCENTER to my dealer. The vehicle was ordered March 22. In nine days it will have been 5 months. If the vehicle does not come until 9/27 it will end up being 6 months.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been at the dealership for a couple of weeks. Wheels just mailed the paperwork to them. :headscratch:

The fleet vehicle contact at the dealership thinks I'll be able to pick it up Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to turning in the hand-me-down Ranger.

I'll report in once I've got the Transit home! :D

CJ

It's home! :happy feet:

I like it!

It took about an hour of searching to figure out where I hid the gas card. :rolleyes:

It's got a full tank of gas now, and after dinner I'll go out and load my tools n' "Stuff."

CJ

CJ,

Good luck with the vehicle - the last call I made to Wheels they said the vehicle delivery date was November 8th.

Matto

Hope yours comes in soon Matto,

Have you received the large packet with the vehicle delivery instructions from the lease company yet? It should come in at virtually the same time the dealership gets their paperwork.

CJ

CJ,

The Transit is finally IN! :yahoo: I pick it up tomorrow at the Ford Dealer at 11AM. I hope it is worth the 7 month wait!

Matto

Well? What do you think? :D

Our PM took delivery of his today. He ordered it without any upfit, and it came in with more stuff than mine did! I'm going to take some of the racks off of his hands so I can install them if needed.

There are a couple of vetical angle pieces on the back of the divider behind the passenger seat. What are they for? (Just above the notch for the 6' Ladder.)

It's been a slow week. I've only put a bit over 300 miles on since Tuesday.

CJ

• 2 months later...

I have now had the Transit for exactly two months.

Likes - Nice Carlike interior. Lots of space in the back for "stuff". Tall, but not too tall to fit in my garage or get into most parking garages. Also, I like being able to plug my ipod Touch into the Aux jack and play it through the stereo. I like the "distance to empty" meter, it's pretty accurate. I also like the "voice" command and the volume/mode being right by the steering wheel.

Dislikes - General lack of power, especially when accelerating onto the highway. Interior noise, I already took one piece of plexiglass down from the passenger side divider and will have to take the driver's side one down also. It just rattles way too much. I wish it had a taller highway gear, it almost makes 3000 rpm at 70 mph. The wiper/washer stalk is backwards/opposite the one on my personal vehicle (2010 Honda Odyssey), so I always flip it the wrong way no matter what vehicle I am driving.

• 1 month later...

I have now had the Transit for exactly two months.

Likes - Nice Carlike interior. Lots of space in the back for "stuff". Tall, but not too tall to fit in my garage or get into most parking garages. Also, I like being able to plug my ipod Touch into the Aux jack and play it through the stereo. I like the "distance to empty" meter, it's pretty accurate. I also like the "voice" command and the volume/mode being right by the steering wheel.

Dislikes - General lack of power, especially when accelerating onto the highway. Interior noise, I already took one piece of plexiglass down from the passenger side divider and will have to take the driver's side one down also. It just rattles way too much. I wish it had a taller highway gear, it almost makes 3000 rpm at 70 mph. The wiper/washer stalk is backwards/opposite the one on my personal vehicle (2010 Honda Odyssey), so I always flip it the wrong way no matter what vehicle I am driving.

So do SBT or wheels Inc have a good leasing deal I'm having problems locating and purchasing or leasing a 2011 Ford Transit connect !!!