Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hauling motorcycle in Wagon version; tie-downs?

grahamgrocho

So I'd like to rent a Transit Connect from Chicago to Florida to pick up a motorcycle a family member is selling to me. I called a local dealership (I called many, really, but only ONE would rent to the general public) and they said they had a Transit Connect for me! Score! But... I found out they only rent the "Wagon" version with the seats in the back.

Can anyone confirm if that version has the same 6 tie-down hooks/D-rings like the Transit Connect cargo van version does? Maybe I need to take out the seats? If there are not any tie-down hooks, are there any good tie-downs to utilize?

I'm assuming the rear door height is the same on both versions (wagon vs. van). I asked the service dept rep at the dealership to confirm for me, but he didn't know the answer and said the rental wagon wasn't on-site at the moment so he couldn't check.

Edited by grahamgrocho

grahamgrocho, what year Transit Connect are they renting? 2010-2013 has the interior height (but maybe not the interior length), the 2014-2015 has the interior length (in the long wheel base), but may not have the interior height. We have had numerous posts from forum members transporting motorcycles in the 2010-2013 Transit Connect's, so tie downs have never been a problem.

• 10 months later...