Ford Transit Connect Forum

Travel Tools

Instead of spending a lot of money on a big tool set, to lug around 2/3 of the tools which I won't use - I want to assemble a set of necessary tools.  Tools only relevant to the van.  Tools I will use for service work, and roadside repairs. 

I already have a big box of tools at home, for when I have the luxury of trying different tool sizes to find the right tool.  I thought it would be nice to have just the right tools in the van, and a list of what that tool will fit.  On the Harley forums, there are tool lists for different bikes.  Harley even sells a road kit, with just the few wrench sizes, so you don't carry around 30 wrenches when you only need 6.  

I have a ratchet handle.  I have a breaker bar.  I have a torque wrench.  I have socket extensions.  I have adjustable wrenches.  I have locking pliers......  I also have a bunch of fuses, tape, zip ties......

I have a ton of sockets and wrenches.  I don't want to carry tools that I will never need in the van.  

Which size sockets, and wrenches?  Any specialty tools recommended like flare nut, crows foot, long wrench, dog bone, thin wrench?

In no particular order:

10mm for the battery terminals.

13mm for the battery negative body ground bolt.

T27 for the under body shield.  

11mm for the transmission drain plug. 

14mm for the transmission fill plug.  

15mm for the engine oil drain plug.

5/8" spark plug socket.

T25 for tail lamp mounting screws.

Was the lug nut 3/4"?

Was the seat rail bolt a T45?

What other sizes for which functions?  

What about tension pulley, water pump, alternater, or other things that may break on the side of the road?

Edited by Double Nickels

• 3 months later...