Ford Transit Connect Forum

Who will rent me a TC for a week in Denver?

I found a dealer who has a used XLT Premium wagon in stock. That gave me an opportunity to test drive what I think will be my next new vehicle. I was very pleasantly surprised. After reading a lot of critiques on the web, I expected it to be very noisy, rough, and underpowered. None of those problems were evident. It was much better than I was led to believe. Maybe the cargo vans suffer those ills more than the wagons.

What is evident is an abundance of headroom, easily 6" more than even by 2002 VW, which itself has easily 4" more than a Flex or Odyssey or Pilot. Finally something that I fit in, hurray!

Now I'd like to rent one for a week. About 10 days from now I'll be driving to Las Vegas, about 1,500 miles round trip, for business. I figure that will show me any intolerable flaws (e.g. uncomfortable seats or noise or whatever) before I drop about $50K over the next 5 years (~$28K purchase plus all the other costs that will be incurred). I'm basically marrying it for the next 10 - 15 years so I want to be sure it's a good fit.

I've Googled around and can't find a rental outfit that offers them. Does anybody know of one?

Thanks - Pete

Yikes!! My 2010 wagon cost me $20,000 even and arrived in a few days!!

By the way, the TC is a great car BUT IF, AND ONLY IF its what you want. If you are actually looking for a 50 mpg Lexus capable of zero to sixty in four seconds while towing a mobile home, this ain't it, (but neither is anything else)!

Edited by Willie