Ford Transit Connect Forum

Rear sliding door "farts" when unlocked: 2010 XLT

Timbo

OK, so "farts" isn't the right word, but it makes a loud, rattling noise every time I unlock it.  Kind of like a machine-gun.  

A very rapidly repeating sound.  

It doesn't do it when I lock the door, just when I unlock it.  

It sounds like a bad servo or something, but I'm honestly not sure exactly what's in there.  

I've already replaced both front door lock/latches because they kept unlocking themselves, and that required dealing with the window and tracks.  

The rear door should be a piece of cake, as I don't think there's a lot of parts to get in the way.  

Anyone?  

fullsizeoutput_161f.jpeg

Edited by Timbo
rewording

Same as the front, the rear door lock actuators go bad too ?

You might try opening up actuator to see if any of the teeth on the small gears inside are damaged.  Cheaper to fix the plastic gears than replace the whole part. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 3:20 AM, formal said:

Same as the front, the rear door lock actuators go bad too ?

You might try opening up actuator to see if any of the teeth on the small gears inside are damaged.  Cheaper to fix the plastic gears than replace the whole part. 

You're not kidding!  The Ford dealer near me, wants $577 for it!  The cheapest I found was online for about $320+ shipping from the east coast.  

AutoZone has them for $365.  

So are you saying the internal gears are available?  I've seen the gears for the front actuators on eBay, but I don't know if they're the same.  

The link dktool provided (and thanks for that, btw), seems to be in regards to the actuator not locking the door.  Mine works just fine, the left side just makes a lot of noise when I unlock it.  

Edited by Timbo
Adding content

• 2 weeks later...