Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 - Computerized Battery Monitor

kxrf

I've found information alluding to the existence of a Battery Charging Monitor built into either the Body Control Module? or the Powertrain Control Module.

True or false?

I'm about to replace the original silver chloride battery in the TC, and again I've found articles alluding to needing to be reset from OLD to a new battery.  I'm thinking of a battery with different chemistry i.e., lead chloride or AGM.  The add on to that question is whether the Charging Monitor (if exists!)  has to be notified that a battery with a different chemistry was installed.

I've read in those allusions stated above that the Charging Monitor is rather basic.  In 2013 Ford was in the process of including a more comprehensive full battery monitor in vehicles that changed that year.  With the basic alleged Charging Monitor in the TC need not be reset via a scan tool with Ford plugins, but rather just disconnect the battery for some period of time to reset, in this case, all modules.  Will the radio code be necessary after such reset?

• 2 years later...