Ford Transit Connect Forum

For camper conversion ideas

Gideon

http://www.camper-van-fun.com/mini-camper.html

This is European site with lots of ideas. Worth a look for anyone thinking of, or doing conversions.

European campgrounds are rather different than on our side of the pond.  People tend to go with small, fuel-efficient vehicles due to high taxes and fuel costs.  Also distances, recreational green space, and population density contribute to the differences.

Wish I could afford some of those (Great!) goodies for my van.

Edited by Gideon
add details

• 8 months later...

With my 2017/18 Ford Grand Tourneo Connect 7 Seat model I removed the 2 3rd row seats and fitted a side in camper conversion, It came with thick hermal blackout blinds, 240v shore power hookup a 12v/240v Cooler and a slideout Draw Kitchen complete with a single burner portable Gas Stove and a small Lithium power pack for lighting and other small items and The bed converts in to seating and a Dining Table and it also has another storage Draw/Box, The beauty of it is that it all folds down flat in to the Cargo area and I can still use the 5 remaining seats for everyday travel etc.

For extra room I also have a Tailgate Tent that adds another 6' 6"  by 6' 6" or 2 metres by 2 metres room to the back of the vehicle that can be used for sleeping extra people or as a lounge or camp kitchen or anything else you can think up.

I was going to buy a normal 4 birth RV but they are just too big for city life and car parks with height restrictions So this setup works well for everyday life and being a Diesel I can get up to 64 to 67MPG which gives me a fuel range of up to 840+ miles or around 1350kms when driven carefully. But normal driving I can get around 700+ miles per 60L tank of Fuel/Diesel.