Ford Transit Connect Forum

Camper system for sale

Hello all, I had a 2016 Ford Transit Connect Titanium LWB which although I really loved for many reasons, not the least being it became my “hotel on wheels” while vagabonding, but which I needed to sell. I designed a camper package which was/is “bolt in ready” by removing the two rear bucket seats, and using their anchor points to secure a floor based storage/bed system complete with self-storing bed extension, (if one needs to use the drivers side second row seat to enable a “4 passenger seating arrangement”). IF that is the case, converting to a single person sleeping arrangement takes just moments. If on is a solo traveler, they can merely leave the drivers side second row seat f9lded, (in the “up” position) with the bed fully deployed, and still be able to transport 3 passengers safely.

This system is designed to be simple, effective, comfortable, and easily convertible back to the 6 passenger factory set up. It allows for a HUGE amount of storage options, both inside the bed base, under the drivers side 2nd row seat, and allows room for multi storage container / ice chests to be transported within (alongside) the bed/storage box.

It also allows for various storage configurations at the tailgate liftgate/sidedoors area for a stove or food storage boxes.

The “base, one piece unit” is painted the factory matching “grey” carpet color, and is seal with clear coat. Absolutely NO cutting or drilling is required for installation (for LWB models).

This unit comes with detachable legs (for self-storage) and a two piece latex foam 6” mattress (which allows for heavenly slumbering) complete with removable/washable slip covers.

To complete this “hotel on wheels package”, I have designed “blackout“ window covers which “pop-in” to place, and have heat reflecting bubble shielding facing to the outside.

Simply put - I designed this system was designed to be: 1) simple; 2) foolproof, 3) enable “stealth camping/vagabonding/parking lot friendly”, and comfortable.

I am asking for a donation amount to cover my costs of construction only. Any reasonable amount will be considered. I live in Washington State (Tri-Cities area). I will not ship, will accept “cash only” donation in person, and will help with installation. Please call me, no text messages, no “scammers”!!! I am trying to further someone’s travel/vagabonding pleasure. 

Please contact: Jon 509-940-7142 with any further questions you may have. Pictures at present are not available as unit is in storage at my daughter’s house. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Due to arthritis and cancer treatments I am unable to take pictures of camping unit setup, latex foam mattress, and blackout curtains. Truly sorry for inconvenience, however it is accurately described in my posting, someone is going to make off with a very nice camping system that is very versatile ... and the price is right for what one will get in a bolt-in ready-to-go stealth camping system. (Suggested donation to partially defray cost of materials = $200). Thank you for your interest. Jon 509-940-7142