Ford Transit Connect Forum

Introduction - 2018/31k

MeisterJaeger

Howdy folks,

Michael here: short-time lurker, new member and TC owner. Enjoying and appreciating all the great information and knowledge-sharing going on here. Just picked up a 2018 Wagon XLT with 31,000 miles. I've started a Handyman business and opted for a wagon over the cargo version, to give me more flexibility and the benefit of insulation/less noise.

Going to perform the transmission flushing ritual this weekend and change the air filters while I'm at it. Any other mustdos or shouldhavealookats you suggest? 

When not being handy or making used ATF, I'd prefer to be on the water - skiing or fishing, in that order. ?

Thanks for your help so far, and for that which is yet to come.

MJ

TC.jpg

Nice jacket. It matches your van.

I'm all for "over maintenance".  Treat the car like it didn't come with a service history.  Clean the MAF sensor and throttle body while you are changing the air filter.  Change the spark plugs and COPs.  Change all the fluids.  Coolant.  Brake.  Oil.  Top off the A/C refrigerant.  New tires and brakes.  Install new wiper blades.  Paint the van.  Hang a little tree.