Ford Transit Connect Forum

Vent? (Modding ftc for stoves)

It seems in todays ages more people are looking at converting vand to campers to gives flexibilty and cost efficiency when travelling.

Looking at heating solutions gives either a diesel heater (outside vented) or a gas heater (not recommended for small indoor spaces - 'probably').

Looking around the back and inside of a ftc for any pre existing small holes or vents I found some things.. but nothing thats an obvious path for a vent.

Asking if anyone on here knew of an existing hole or vent- anything really, from the inside to the outside of a connect in the boot region- with the idea to make a sort of copper pipe exhaust for a small contained gas stove before I drill anything.

Thank you

Vented propane/gas heaters need the vent going out through the wall or up through the ceiling. Hot air rises, so you can't vent out the floor. The diesel heaters get away with under-floor exhaust because they have a separate blower inside that helps draw in fresh air through the combustion intake and pushes the exhaust out & down through the exhaust. 

That being said, on my 2015, there's about a 1" hole in the back-passenger corner (back-driver side for countries driving on the left side of the road) where higher-optioned vans have a wiring harness go through for the auxiliary fuse block. Since I don't have that fuse block, there was just a rubber plug in the hole. There's also a few drain holes in the floor behind the front seats that have rubber plugs in them. 

Rear-passenger corner for LHD:

IMG_9577.thumb.JPG.2869d37c871e8bbb8a761bd0976b7844.JPG