Ford Transit Connect Forum

Yes! There IS an armrest, fresh news

tnoll

Went around and around about putting the passenger OEM armrest into my cargo--about $500 total from cheap parts sites--until I decided to go to the dealer and try one. At 5' 8", with my arm on the rest, I couldn't reach the steering wheel by about 6 inches. Way to go, Ford design team! So, from another old post here or somewhere, I found this https://www.armster.co.uk/shop/ford-connect-2014-with-usb-aux-armster-s-armrest/?v=b66f7c678aa7   Lots of back and forth emails and pictures to verify that the text, saying 2014-2018, also covers 2019, which it does, it's just an outdated website. There is a righthand drive armrest, so be careful. Also, it bricks the crummy cubbyhole below, and appears to brick a cup holder or maybe two, but I don't care versus having a good armrest. It tilts back for drinking anyway. $130 with a bunch of freight. The RH is priced at $99 pounds; the left at $69 pounds (website error?) and takes a bit longer because obviously Britain doesn't need many of those. 

For current driver armrest removal, an old thread, verified by the work manual at the dealer yesterday, said, while sitting in the passenger seat, put the driver arm at 60 degrees and pull. Only the service desk guy couldn't do it, nor could I. Will take it back to their mechanic ...

armster-s-armrest-02.jpg

CORRECTION!! This drat site doesn't seem to let you edit a post so here is a new link to the latest armrest, the Armster 2 from 2018 on https://www.armster.co.uk/shop/ford-connect-2018-with-usb-aux-armster-2-armrest-lhd-only/?v=b66f7c678aa7. It's a bit more but apparently is adjustable, and it's a special order for left hand drive so takes about 10 days longer. ooks like they added a little silver to it, which I could live without.

Screen Shot 2019-10-04 at 7.03.29 AM.png