Ford Transit Connect Forum

Need new tire recommendations

DurrService

Greeting Transit owners,

I need real world tire recommendations for a work van. I take ownership on my XLT next week and I am changing tires and rims to 16" rims with 225/55/r16 tires as recommended on this forum for better stability and handling. We will drive this van 8-9 hours on the highway to get to jobsites as well as around town. We travel in Michigan, and Ohio so wet and snow is a 4 month reality. Criteria are traction, handling, and road noise. Am I think wrong that one set of tires can do it all on the vehicle? Do I need winter tires and a different set for summer. Let me know whats working for you.

I'm all for separate winter tires. Then again, we have 5-6 months of snow coverage a year and dedicated winter tires are mandatory.

In past couple of years most of West Europe and many US states have realized that winter tires are good for you and it's becoming a trend. A couple of years ago UK saw winter tire installations growing from 2000 to 50K in one year. It means that All-Season myth has been busted. An all-season tire means that it works equally bad in all seasons.