Ford Transit Connect Forum

Chime when key is in ignition

• 2 years later...

From reading what another guy had done with his truck that was a '09 I attempted the same on my transit. If you remove the plug from the back of the ignition starter switch and then remove the red plastic tab from the front you can then remove the necessary wire from the rear of the plug. The wire on mine, which is '10, is black with a white stripe. You will need something thin and flat at the end to undo the small clip in the rear of the plug and pulled on the wire. I used a scissor from a leatherman. It definitely silenced the chime and everything seems to be working fine sans one thing and its a big one. The airbag light on the dash is permanently on now and without a passenger the "passenger air bag light" stays off, which makes me think that, worst case scenario, it has disengaged the airbag system all together or at the least the monitoring system that sends signals to the dash...hope I don't have to find out before I can find a permanent solution. So for now my sanity remains even though I have a lock actuator that has gone bad, possibly no air bags and a fuse to the cooling fans that keeps popping. I bought this car thinking function over form, now I am having second thoughts...