Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ford Transit Connect sales top 2,000 in August

Ford Transit Connect sales top 2,000 in August

Ford Transit Connect Forum - Ford Motor Co. said Monday it sold more than 2,000 of its new Transit Connect commercial vans in the vehicle's first month of sales.

Ford said small businesses and fleet customers snapped up the van in August, with some vehicles selling in fewer than 10 days after arriving at dealerships.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.

No surprise to me! I factory ordered mine in March and just picked it up Aug 11. My dealer ordered as many as they were allowed and pretty much pre-sold them all. Out of 12 units 2 are left.

I've already had people ask about a wagon version (mine is a plain-jane two seat box no rear windows). I've never had anyone approach me about any car I've owned in the past, now I have 1-2 people come up when ever I park in a mall or homecentre. B)

That's great... I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who had bought one. I do believe I was the first registered owner in AZ. I purchased a white XLT van on the cash for clunkers program. I Turned in a 94 Dodge ram van. The TC has more room and drives great! I only wish it was two feet longer to accommodate a 4X8 and PLEASE bring the Turbo Diesel to the US!!!!

A standing ovation to Ford for bringing these to the US.

You were not the first one in Arizona! I drove my XLT home on Saturday, July 25, 2009 from San Tan Ford in Gilbert. So far the truck is doing fine and I have had as much as 1500lbs. of cargo loaded in. The mileage for me has been arond 22 - 23 MPG city and highway.

I have had many people stop me and ask what is that vehicle? Many thought it was a clever and useful design! So far the vehicle has perfomed excellent for me.

Hi AZtranist,

Nice to know there are at least two of us. I got mine from Sunset Ford in Glendale. A GREAT experience. This was my 8th new car purchase and by far the BEST. Even better than my nearly 50K new Audi. Jan (the salesman) was great, no pressure no games. Even Joe, the finance guy was great. He had us laughing through the whole experience!!! I usually call the finance department "the rip off room" but with Joe it was like a comedy club. Makes me want to consider trading that Audi in on the new Taurus SHO.

We traded our 94 Dodge Ram 150 van in for the cash for clunkers. Sunset Ford did a "Cash For Clunkers" graffiti paint job on it and put it out front. It's hysterical that this was our old faithful van. I attached a picture of their creative paint work.

As for the TC, we love it. We cant go anywhere without people staring and asking what it is. We are also getting 22 to 23 MPG in mixed driver. I changed the oil at 1000 miles, found some aluminum bits in the oil so I will change it again at 2K then move to the more normal 3K intervals.

I hope Ford is listening and will bring in the Diesel engine and perhaps extend the floor by two feet to accommodate a 4x8.

Have a great weekend...

post-50-1252257743_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

my ford dealer in pittsburgh told me that ford cant bring the diesel in because it doesnt meet US emissions. i was under the impression Europe had stricter emission standards than we do, but now not so sure. I also asked if the ford KA would be here (US) anytime soon. the answer..."the ford what?"

• 5 months later...