Ford Transit Connect Forum

Is there a keyless aftermarket gas tank door for pre-2014 models?

Campcrazy

The one thing I do not care for on my TC is having to use the key to open and close the gas tank door. It wouldn't be so bad if I could open it with the key and then lock it and put my keys away, but then you can't close the door with it already in the locked position. I'd rather not have a locked door. I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket door with no key needed. Preferably a chrome one as that would look good on this silver TC.

Edited by Campcrazy

I can't speak for the older TC, But I can say that the newer TC has a non-locking fuel fill point which doesn't have a gas cap.. but they do make a locking gas cap for early models. I've actually requested that Ford create a locking fuel plug for our year TC.. no word as of yet on this.

FYI: http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/329-fuel-filler-door-sliding-door-stop/

Edited by LostInTransit

• 10 months later...

The current generation has an unsecured door which anyone can open, and there is no fuel cap.  Convenient, yes.  Now anyone can tamper with your fuel.  No security.  Not so worried about people stealing gas.  More worried about people putting things in which don't belong........sugar, sand, gravel, cotton balls......you get the idea.  Vandals and children.....or perhaps a sworn enemy.