Ford Transit Connect Forum

ALERT Headlights not coming on - intermittent issue

Just a heads up in case this isn't just an issue with my truck.

I do most of my driving during daylight (in the summer...) and I keep the headlights on for safety. Last week I noticed that the main lights and high beams weren't working but the positioning lights and the dash indicator were. The problem is intermittent so the dealer can't find it till I can get there when the lights are actually out. So far there hasn't been a time when they shut off while driving, they just don't come on when I start. It's not real easy to identify at first, since the only way to see it while driving is by reflection off the vehicle in front and the positioning lights are just strong enough that against certain surfaces they look almost as bright as the headlights.

• 11 months later...

I am having the same issue with my 2010. The headlights come on, but are so dim they are not functional. When this happens the brights wont stay on, but will work if i hold the bright switch. Occasionally the problem corrects itself while i am driving with the ultra dim headlights. Any thoughts? Definitely dangerous. It is hard to avoid driving at night.