Sign in to follow this  
westshore

Rattle over left rear sliding door

2012 USA TC, getting a rattle over the top rear of left sliding door while traveling on rough road. Almost sounds like a loose nut or bolt as it sometimes occurs when starting out or changing course. Anyone experience this/have a solution? I had opportunity to ride in a 2013 model and it had the same rattle! I am considering pulling the headliner to have a better look.

I have a rattle in that general area in my 2011, but haven't researched its actual location. Assumed it was the door itself.

Our 2012 has that noise too . Sounds like a loose wiring harness or some "wrapped" or other "soft" item banging around .Upper door , roof area , B pillar ? I wonder if there's a TSB about that . We get an wind noise from the roof rack above 45 mph that need fixing , and then the rattle.

Fords TSB program is pretty good with these kinds of problems , but the customer has to make a "stink" to get them resolved .

Hello westshore. As per the 2010 Transit Connect wiring diagram, there is a wiring run above both side doors. If you have the DeWalt Tool Link option, the antennas are also above both side doors.