Ford Transit Connect Forum

Floor mat anchor points

The rubber floor mats drivers side have holes/ mounting points on the rear edges.

Anyone know if there is a mount/piece part available to secure these mats?

Seems like they would after Toyota's problems.

Mine did come with retainers installed for both front mats. Installation notes and pics attached.

Front Floor Mat Installation

•Position option selected mat into appropriate foot zone, ensuring mat is against floorpan foot rest and at least 1" rearward of bottom of accelerator pedal

Note: Driver side will receive the shorter mat

•Mark location of lower two tab openings with a single ink dot (no larger than 1/4" in diameter)

•Fold mat forward. Do not crease mat.

•Screw kit provided Retainer into vehicle carpet at ink dot

Note: Retainer to screw into vehicle carpet and undermat only. Do not damage underlying sheetmetal Retainers to be flush with carpet surface.

•Reposition mat and engage retainers

post-113-12660096752_thumb.jpg

post-113-126600968945_thumb.jpg

Do you happen to know if the retainers/anchors are available to order?

Or do they only come with the mat?

I ordered my mats in the factory order.

I have not been able to come up with a part number for the retainers apart from the mats. I noticed that the aftermarket OEM mats only have the retainer holes on the left/driver mat for the U.S.

Mine have the retainer holes on both sides. I believe they are set up to install for either left or right hand drive vehicles. The base mats are larger for the Transit and are cut down for Connect installation.

The retainers screw into the carpet and have a swivel at the top to secure the mats.

Attached is a graphic from the installation instructions. If I come across a retainer part number I will pass it along.

post-113-126641815475_thumb.jpg