Ford Transit Connect Forum

2011 door lock problems

Just bought a 2011 Transit Connect. I’ve got bizarre problems with keyless lock unlock. Very inconsistent problems 

1) Door ajar light intermittent on dash

2) No dome light when any doors are open

3) Cargo doors and both sliding doors have no remote lock or unlock

4) Passager and drivers doors off remote work 25% of time lock and unlock

5) When I lock drivers door with actual key 50% of the time I hear the door unlock its self

I need advice!!!  I feel it’s related to no dome light and dash door ajar light

Edited by Jammin1

1 problem could be the body control module which controls the locks.  From what you described, it's the most likely scenario.  Maybe someone here could provide a wiring diagram, and steps to troubleshoot the system.  You'll probably need some sort of computer to interface with the car's computers so that you can "read" what's happening or not happening when you press buttons on the key fob.  You'll probably need a multimeter.  A few of the other guys on the forum are very knowledgeable about the different computer modules.

Another problem could be your remote.  I don't think it's the remote.  But.......The car is over 10 years old.  It could need a new battery.  Maybe the buttons are worn and the contacts are bad.  Sometimes you can take the remote apart, clean it, and reassemble it with a fresh battery.  Or see if you can buy a new remote control fob.  Even after you troubleshoot the BCM, it would be nice to have a new remote with a fresh battery.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2022 at 7:58 PM, Jammin1 said:

Just bought a 2011 Transit Connect. I’ve got bizarre problems with keyless lock unlock. Very inconsistent problems 1) Door ajar light intermittent on dash

The door ajar sensor on the Transit is not a reliable design, it's integrated into the door latch assembly, rather than the usual separate switch on the door jambs.

Since it's stupidly costly to replace the whole assembly just for the common issue of the switch being intermittent, it's a better option to just wire the harness so it thinks the door is closed regardless.  Easy process to do.

I can accept having to figure out when the door is open or closed on my own, so I'm okay with disabling the open door detection.