Ford Transit Connect Forum

Steering wheels - do other ford models fit?

Leon-81

Hi, I’ve just picked up a 2013 Transit Connect ‘Trend’. The steering wheel is pretty tatty and has an awful cover on. Are there any steering wheels from other models that fit? I
fitted a Fiesta leather wheel in my old 2003 Connect

Appreciate any help!

Not sure if your euro 2013 'Trend' is the same body style as my 2012 U.S. version, but if so - I installed a steering wheel from a Ford cmax on mine. Looks just like the factory one, but has leather covering/aluminum covered spokes. Uses your existing air bag. All plug & play.

3C16599B-671E-4B81-8238-320A7D7FEDC6.jpeg

Edited by jdob

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 6:06 PM, jdob said:

Not sure if your euro 2013 'Trend' is the same body style as my 2012 U.S. version, but if so - I installed a steering wheel from a Ford cmax on mine. Looks just like the factory one, but has leather covering/aluminum covered spokes. Uses your existing air bag. All plug & play.

3C16599B-671E-4B81-8238-320A7D7FEDC6.jpeg

---  jdob,  I see that are you located in the USA (so am I).  I tried searching for that specific C Max steering wheel, but it appears to only sold on European vehicles.  Did you buy yours on ebay/internet and have it shipped over or am I missing something and can you find them in the States? 

Edited by formal

On 9/28/2021 at 9:20 AM, formal said:

---  jdob,  I see that are you located in the USA (so am I).  I tried searching for that specific C Max steering wheel, but it appears to only sold on European vehicles.  Did you buy yours on ebay/internet and have it shipped over or am I missing something and can you find them in the States? 

Hey formal - I bought mine off of eBay from an overseas seller. I think it was out of Germany. There are some on eBay currently like the one I purchased - you just have to make sure the seller will ship to the US. It has been a pain to try and find euro parts (door mirrors/tail lights/third brake lights/rear disc brakes/etc) from sellers that are willing to ship to the US. 

You can look through my gallery pics - there are some in there from when I swapped mine out - some show part numbers that you may be able to google search. 

Just a note - the little clips that you need to get to behind the steering wheel in order to release the air bag from the steering wheel are a major pain in the ass! I fought with those for quite some time before figuring out exactly what I needed to do. Even then it was a pain! You can search for some YouTube videos that will help give you an idea of what needs to be done. 

Hope this helps! Good luck! Post up some pics of yours if you get a chance! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sourced a C-max wheel from a seller on ebay in Lithuania, arrived quicker than expected and in prime condition.

It is a direct swap.

A slight bit better looking than the original one.

One thing worth noting, the wheel I purchased came with the cruise control switches, they are the same in every visual way, including wire color and plug ........BUT........ after install my cruise didn't function.

These switches are resistance matched to the pcm build, so I swapped my original switches back in and all is well.

20211109_115915.jpg

20211109_124429.jpg

Edited by dktool