Ford Transit Connect Forum

Longtime Transit, first time Connect

MoFoCo

Hey all, 

I've been bit hard by the van bug.

I'm dangerously close to making a deal on a new 2020 FTC wagon...We have had a camper-converted Transit 250 for 5 years and we love it, but it's not the best daily driver. Will be keeping it, so then I'll have a big van and a little one. I have a sales route with a building hardware distributor, so the FTC will carry a lot more samples and catalogs than my sedan. 

No doubt, although it won't hold a candle to the Mazda 6 that I'm trading. Sports cars are fun but when you spend all day in the car for work, comfort and convenience takes priority over everything else. 

The last TC I drove was a couple years ago and I believe had the 2.5 engine, how does the newer 2.0 compare?

I'm 6'3" as well, and one of the main reasons I'm getting out of my Mazda 6 is that I have to adjust the seat to the lowest position, which yes feels like sitting in a bucket. I may have to take another look at the TC seats before I pull the trigger. The seats in the big Transit are the best I've ever had, was hoping the TC would be similar. 

And auto-start-stop is the dumbest feature nobody ever asked for...at the very least you should be able to lock it out in a settings menu. If I know I'm going to be sitting for more than a minute, I just turn the motor off myself. 

Edited by MoFoCo

• 1 month later...

My 2020 XLT has a defeat button for the start/stop. 

I have the 2.0 and it could use more power but the fuel mileage is great. I'm getting over 30 on almost every tank. But that's about 90% highway. I have 10k on the odometer. 

The seats are very comfortable to me. I would put them at the top of any I have ever owned. I use the van to carry my road bike to trails mostly. Very happy with it