Ford Transit Connect Forum

Does anyone know about this van vs wagon???

I know this going to sound strange.....I want to get the van variant with no windows on sides/doors and rear doors. Can anyone with the van model, tell me. Do you have the ability to install the second row seats, if you wanted too? All the pictures I find with the van model, all have a mat down and I can't see the actual floor bare bones. I could care less about people seeing out any windows, but I know I'm going to have a kid soon and I want to make sure I have space for the baby seats in the back.

I keep reading about the turkey tax thing, where they get shipped with seats to get them taken out, when they get state side. I'm guessing it might happen, but I'm sure it will be hard as heck to find somewhere that sells all these scrap back seats. I just don't believe it....

Thanks in advance...

I am sure you will receive many replies to your post. Here is some info to get you started........ The rear seats are not available from Ford. There are listings on eBay for totaled Transit Connects that will sell you rear seats. For the van model you are discussing, when they come into the country, they remove the rear seat and install a floor extension to cover the rear footwell. If you bought a new Transit Connect van, all you would need to do is remove the extension (it is bolted in) and the rear seat mounting locations become available to install your eBay seat.

• 1 month later...