• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
TrannyfromCali

Has anyone used an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter socket and what size (electrical parameters) of inverter? (TC 2010).

Has anyone used an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter socket and what size (electrical parameters) of inverter? (TC 2010).

I have a BESTEK 150W Power Inverter that I've used in the rear auxiliary power socket in the rear of my 2013 TC while the engine is running, and have used it to charge portable tools. I wouldn't recommend using a inverter off of the vehicle for any extended period of time or with any greater load (<100W). 

Thank you for that! Plan is to use only while running the vehicle and to charge a large Anker Powerhouse battery that can then be used to charge laptops, phones, etc. 

My inclination that if one wants to use a great load then perhaps best to connect directly to the battery and not the cigarette lighters. 

I wouldn't use the starter battery for any serious loads. I keep a 1200Wh LiFePO4 battery in the back with a 2000W inverter, and that's suitable for sustained loads. The starter battery and inverter are designed to start and operate the vehicle, not for general purpose loads, especially when the vehicle is not running.