• Custom Search

Mike0777

Transmission not shifting into 3rd

Hi everyone, I have a 2013 Ford Transit Connect that won't shift into 3rd gear. Just 1 month ago it was not shifting into 4th gear and had a check engine light. The mechanic connected the computer and said the code was p0172, "air fuel mixture too rich" and that may be the cause of the tranny acting up. I replaced the oxygen sensor, tranny oil and filter, spark plugs, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor, and air filter. The TC drove great for 2 weeks. Than one day, all of a sudden, while driving on the highway the tranny started acting up again. Now instead of not shifting to 4th gear it wasn't shifting to 3rd and had a p0772 code "solenoid e stuck on" I had all solenoids changed but still not working right. It accelerates fine and it goes from 1st to 2nd beautifully then it slips and doesn't catch 3rd. Very frustrating, I don't know what else to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I have same problem....2 months after 5 year warranty.

Car is 5 years old and only 29k miles.....I barely drive it

On my TC I replaced the transmission with a rebuild and it's been a mystery. The TC shifts from 1,2 flawlessly then come 3rd which is a hard shift. I replaced EGR and notice a big difference and almost though I had fixed the issue. Wrong.As I drive more it begins to slip into 3rd and eventually it will get " stuck on e". I've come to the conclusion it's not the transmission but rather electronic components or multiple component. TBH Overall replacing transmission was needed but now I stumped too.