Ford Transit Connect Forum

Read many posts regarding non OEM tires for my 2012 TC. Bought my TC with Cooper tires on back and Continentals on the front. Good tires for a truck/van right? So I thought. While shopping to replace the original mud/snows I ended up at Sam"s Club two miles from my house. The prices for most brands were within 10 dollars per tire. I spotted a set of Pirelli P4 Plus in stock. Consumer Reports rates these tires at 90,000 plus miles.  I thought "well this is not a sports car so why would I buy Pirellis for a cargo/camper van?" My answer - they're the same price at this shop as all the other tire brands and they are rated well for poor weather.

I bought the Pirellis......you can not even image how much the handling has improved. As for durability my experience so far is that they wear like iron and ride like silk.The van used to handle like a buck board wagon. Now, less road thump, much less noise, great traction dry, wet, or ice/snow. When I point the van in a certain direction it actually goes there, takes some getting used. Just place one hand on the steering wheel and point - awesome. Buy performance tires and get performance....image that.