Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ford Warranty: Towing

For the Record:

I sent an email to Ford asking for an official responce to the question posted above. My email is as follows:

In regards to the Transit Connect Warranty. The owners guide 2nd edition states a 'warning' to not tow with the vehicle. The warranty guide Edition 6 states that damage caused by 'misuse' of the vehicle is not covered but does not list towing. Would towing within the load capacity be defined by Ford as 'misuse'? I need an official responce from Ford for the Transit Connect Forum.

Fords responce is as follows:

My name is Christie with the Ford Customer Relationship Center and I am here to assist you regarding your inquiry about towing the 2011 Ford Transit Connect.

Like what was indicated in the Owner's Guide, the vehicle is not equipped to tow. No towing packages are available through

an authorized Dealer. With that being said, Ford Motor Company recommends to follow the information provided by the Owner's Guide. It is the responsibility of the customer to follow the guidelines stated at the manual. Failure to follow as specified in the Owner's Guide will invalidate warranty coverage on parts affected by the lack of maintenance.

I hope this information helps you. If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Thanks again for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,

Christie

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

• 4 weeks later...

Will Ford honor their warranty if the vehicle is towing within its load capacity? The manual says the vehicle is not meant for towing but what will really happen? (Opinion doesnt matter unless it applies with reality)

Here are the towing limits cut and paste from fords web site. Hope this helps

Towing

Capability

Capability (lbs.)

Cargo Van GVWR 5005

Wagon GVWR 4965

Maximum Payload 1600

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just priced a Class 3 hitch w/ wiring harness for $310.00 installed. I will let you know how it looks when I get it done. These people have done hitches for me before.I will be pulling a 6x10 cargo trailer from NH, to Prince of Wales Island, AK come May when we move. I will fill you in on that too. We will log over 4,000 miles when we are done.