Ford Transit Connect Forum

Removing new style oval ford stereo from 2011 model?

• 1 month later...

How do I remove the stereo from a 2011 model transit connect, it is the new oval shaped unit?

Hi all, this is my first post here!

I'm interested to this question, too. I use my transit connect often on high rpms (high places) and it's difficult to listen good music without a lot of distortion!

I'll wait a good answer, thank you... anticipating

If it looks like this, we can't specifically help you (this forum is geared towards the North American model, and we don't have that head unit). Maybe someone here happens to be in the UK/Europe, but I wouldn't hold out for an answer, better check another forum. If I had to take a guess based on that picture, it looks like you have to remove a facia panel first before you can release the head unit.

post-748-0-98665400-1313349406_thumb.jpg

Edited by azdamay

If it looks like this, we can't specifically help you (this forum is geared towards the North American model, and we don't have that head unit). Maybe someone here happens to be in the UK/Europe, but I wouldn't hold out for an answer, better check another forum. If I had to take a guess based on that picture, it looks like you have to remove a facia panel first before you can release the head unit.

Thank you for informations :)

Yes, i have that unit with phone-like functions that doesn't exist >_> but this is another topic...

...and the 6000 CD is the same of the pic you posted here... I hope some aftermarket brand can create a kit to convert the space left on a din or 2din slot!!!

Good things, thank u, see ya!

• 4 weeks later...

How do I remove the stereo from a 2011 model transit connect, it is the new oval shaped unit?

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I would like to ask you about your "oval shaped unit." Is yours the one shown in the pic Azdamay attached to his reply? If so, I am wondering if it has Bluetooth built in? The reason I ask is that my unit (on my 2010 Transit) does not have the Bluetooth, and because I want to add Bluetooth and would prefer to keep my unit 'stock,' I am wondering how well your unit worked for you?

Hi azdamay,

Do you know if there was a stereo unit made for my 2010 Transit (or other year that is compatable) with built-in Bluetooth and that I can plug my iPhone in and control the music from my iPhone from the stereo display?