Ford Transit Connect Forum

Insect Screens

Can anyone direct me to a vendor for Insect Screens for Driver side window and Passenger Window? I am doing a Camper conversion of a Ford Transit XLT.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MSpeed

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am trying out an idea for pet screen - a black plastic screen material sold at Home Depot or Lowe's in the aisle along with doggie doors etc.

I cut a template out of the pet screen, marking where to cut with chalk as the screen was held in place to the outside of the passenger window area with ceramic magnets about the size of a quarter. I then sewed the magnets to the corners by placing a 2 inch square of pet screen over the magnet. Where the pet screen runs up the rubber trim on forward edge of window area, I sewed a piece of velcro (non sticky back). I then used little dots of stick on "glue dots," purchased at my local 99 cent store (in the craft/paper aisle) to attach to the back side of my corresponding velcro.

I tried to sew stick back velcro to the pet screen and the glue on the velcro clogged up my needle pretty bad resulting in thread breaking, junky looking stitching etc.

This idea is for use in the campground, after I stop for the night. It allows for ventilation but hopefully keeps bugs out. Easily removed and put in place with minimal effort.