Ford Transit Connect Forum

[SOLD] Factory Scissor Jack

Soon after the purchase of the 2015 transit Connect we opted to remove the factory scissor jack and replace it with a 2 ton floor jack. Removing the factory jack from the rear (driver side) cubbyhole.. it's never been used but don't include the factory tire iron, seeing how the tire iron has a fitted key as to lower the spare tire. I'm not sure if an allen or torque set/socket would fit in this location. Otherwise, make an offer on this scissor jack w/o the tire iron, unless I can locate the correct sized allen / torque set.

s-l300.jpg

Borrowed eBay Image

*Must Include a small shipping fee with your offer*

Image upon request

Edited by T0ASTERvan
Gave Scissor Jack To Kyle

• 6 years later...

On 7/18/2016 at 8:16 AM, T0ASTERvan said:

Soon after the purchase of the 2015 transit Connect we opted to remove the factory scissor jack and replace it with a 2 ton floor jack. Removing the factory jack from the rear (driver side) cubbyhole.. it's never been used but don't include the factory tire iron, seeing how the tire iron has a fitted key as to lower the spare tire. I'm not sure if an allen or torque set/socket would fit in this location. Otherwise, make an offer on this scissor jack w/o the tire iron, unless I can locate the correct sized allen / torque set.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/a1kAAOSwPhdVJq8j/s-l300.jpg

Borrowed eBay Image

*Must Include a small shipping fee with your offer*

Image upon request

I have a 2020 Ford Transit Connect cargo truck, van.

I use a long 13 mm nut. The type used for connecting rods (Rod Coupling Nuts). I would guess it can be found at most hardware stores that sell materials for ceilings.

I could not find a 13 mm rod coupling nut, but I think a 1/2 inch will work, try with a 1/2 inch bolt, or a 13 mm bolt with a hex head, With a few nuts on the end.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-13-tpi-Zinc-Rod-Coupling-Nuts-822301/204337404

$ 2.58

This way I can use a 13 mm socket and a ratchet wrench.

RodCouplingNut.jpg