Ford Transit Connect Forum

New Head unit Fitted

First part of the TC proposed fix ups completed .

I went ahead and had a Kenwood 9960 Unit put in .

A very nice unit and is what I wished the factory unit would have been .

I followed recomendations and sent away to Nexia (uk) for the harness adapter and other bits and pieces.

I had a friend of mine who is into car audio big time put it in last weekend . Needs major door speaker and probably rear speaker update A.S.A.P .

well y`all know what I mean :rolleyes:

This next part maybe a little off topic but I thought it might be worth a mention .

This week I had the Tire sensor light come on ,like flashing for a while and then stay on .After a while it would go off ,then the next day do the same . Of course checked pressures all round and spare and everything there was ok.

Also my A/C would not work ,clutch not spinning . Checked the fuses and these were all ok . So booked in for a service .I went today for the service and they fixed the Tire thing (never mentioned what was actually wrong with it ) but could not work out the A/C problem this time around . Anyway they had to order the parts for the re-call of the roof liner pins and said they would further investigate the A/C ,NEED IT @#%@@ :censored: here in Florida.

The mechanic seems to think that the problem might be linked to the new head unit install .Although I doubt it I know nothing about this stuff , but does anyone with a better understanding of this think it could be linked to the problem ? please if you would , advise?.

Further updates when they happen

Keith

After I posted the original thread I got on the phone to talk to my buddy who put the head unit in to update him on what the service guys said .

He suggested I bring the old radio back with me and he will swap them out , which I did . took all of 10 mins .

Result still no A/C . We then decided to go ahead and try to solve the problem ourselfs well him not me :rolleyes: I`m great at cabinetry but not good with mechanics.

Now I can`t remember the exact part name but it is a switch on the left side facing the passenger in the engine compartment on the bulk head .Anyhow this aparently makes the A/C compressor kick in . My buddy jumpered it and the A/C kicked in no problem ,nice and cold . Now he said that is what he would say was the problem a bad switch , but he also said it could be to higher pressure or to low a pressure in the system that also makes the system stop working . Even though the vehicle is not 1 month on the road it is more likely the Switch inside the engine compartment that is the problem .He inspected all round the cavity and beyond where the radio goes and there is no way there is anything there that could be knocked or shifted to make things not work .

Keith

:yahoo: EXPANSION VALVE :yahoo:

That was the part name I was forgetting .

Edited by cabmeister

I've had my head unit replaced, and nothing has happened to the AC. Nothing related that I can tell, unless the installer tapped the AC circuit for your new unit. Shouldn't have needed to with the right wiring harness though.

Yes, new door speakers and rears will help tremendously. I put Pioneer's flagship unit in mine, along with alpines 5.25" speakers in the doors and alpine 6x9s in the reat door panels.

Rear%20Doors%20Open_small.jpg

Edited by 4DThinker

• 3 weeks later...