Ford Transit Connect Forum

How to increase Remote Start run time

SYSTEM PROGRAMMING - Options (RMST) for my Gen2 bronze remote start

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/kennyz1963/2009-12-13_202250_rmst4.pdf

I found the above link that explained how to reprogram my TC remote start. The run time for my TC remote start was just 10 min. and I wanted it to run longer. The longest dwell time that can be set is 15 min. Setting the run time to 15 min. is much better than the 10 min. it was originally set at. In addition I programmed it to remove the horn beep upon start up. Read the link as to all the changes that can be made. Note that this link was for my remote start which is the lower end of the remotes that can be installed in the TC. Mine was called the Gen 2 bronze, while others can be silver, gold etc..

The most difficult part of the reprogramming was finding the programming/override button and the LED that indicates which option was selected. I think each TC remote installation will be a little different because the remotes are dealer installed.

The remote module was installed under the dash on the driver’s side. First I removed the cover for access to the fuse box, then removed a torque screw just below and to the right of this opening. The fuse box cover was seated into or onto a larger plastic panel under the steering wheel that extended from the console to the door. This panel can be removed by pulling straight out toward the driver seat, (some leverage may be required with a small pry bar, note this panel is held with clips just like the fuse box cover clips). Upon removal of this large plastic panel the sheet metal backing plate needs to be removed by removing the four metric hex bolts that hold it in place. The sheet panel removal will aid in finding the module and easier to find the programming/override button and the LED light. I had to move a few wires around to finally find the button. It was taped up with some of the module wires, and the led was taped to another set of the module wires. Note: the LED needs to be seen when setting in the driver’s seat.

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5254 Go to this link to view what the button etc. look like. Yes it is for a Ford Escape but is pretty much the same as the TC setup. Follow the programming instructions, they really did work, the horn chirped and the LED worked when that option was selected. Now it just all need put back together----------GOOD LUCK

PS

Returned a couple months ago from a 6,000 mile trip from the east coast to the west in the TC, Mileage was great comfort was good. We stayed in many areas overnight and the bunk beds worked great. However one night in Yellowstone was pretty cold. We would have lunch at the small table while setting on the couch configuration of the beds and made really good coffee on the stove in the TC. Lot of nice comments on the little TC, How did you get all that in there?, it really looks comfortable and efficient.

Headed to Florida soon

Thanks all

bobs