Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'rear suspension'.
Found 1 result
Hi all. It's been a few years since I posted but I figured I'd give an update on my 2010 TC. I'm at about 75k miles now of mixed driving. I have been running it at or nearly at the 5005 lb. limit since day one with tools and materials inside and ladders and a pipe carrier on the roof. I have replaced front pads twice and recently the front rotors as the originals had been machined once and needed it again and since I drive heavy I don't want to take chances. I also replaced the driver's side wheel bearing a few months back. Last summer I started noticing the rear end getting lower. I probably wouldn't have noticed except for the fact that I have a vacuum that fits just under the rear doors and last year there were a few times I whacked the vacuum with the door when closing it. When I looked under the truck I saw that I had about one inch of clearance between the axle and rubber bumpers. I looked into the various options for lifting the rear end like passive rubber pillows, air shocks etc but decided to go for a third leaf kit which is supposed to add about 700 lbs capacity. I took it to the spring shop today and had them installed. My rear end raised up about 5 inches. I haven't measured it yet but I think I'm just slightly higher than I was at delivery of the truck just over four years ago. Part number is 510-1833 and I believe it's from a company called Beastyx up in Canada. Total cost was $665. I feel like I have a new truck again so no qualms about spending the money on it. One last interesting thing to note - I have the distinct impression that my engine is producing more power than it did when new. I'm not sure why that is, but I'm not gonna argue