Ford Transit Connect Forum

FWS/TOOL LINK

nphinc

Accidently posted this in Recall Forum. Sorry for double post.

I got a letter from Ford wanting to replace FWS & DeWalt Tool Link due to ongoing issues. I don't use it. I bought used & it came with TC. Ford will replace w/cheap radio & issue refund for Window Sticker of FWS/Tool Link, which is fine with me. I'll miss the built in Garmin but can hang my old TomTom on windshield.

Does anybody know sticker msrp of FWS/Tool Link? Anybody else get the letter & taking advantage of it?

Accidently posted this in Recall Forum. Sorry for double post.

I got a letter from Ford wanting to replace FWS & DeWalt Tool Link due to ongoing issues. I don't use it. I bought used & it came with TC. Ford will replace w/cheap radio & issue refund for Window Sticker of FWS/Tool Link, which is fine with me. I'll miss the built in Garmin but can hang my old TomTom on windshield.

Does anybody know sticker msrp of FWS/Tool Link? Anybody else get the letter & taking advantage of it?

try using the link below along with your complete VIN # at the =

this will generate the vehicle Monroney label as it was displayed on the vehicle.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=

Edited by kmoilan1

I took my TC in to local dealer today to have FWS/ToolLink removed. Funny, they left the keyboard & Tool Link stuff still mounted on the walls of the truck. Installed a 6000CD that won't let me set time correctly. It keeps reverting back to 9:09, 08/11/09. I run a service business so who cares what time it is :banghead::rant2: Only thing I'll miss is the built in Garmin. I'm just going to hang my old TomTom on the windshield & wait on a check from Ford... :happy feet:

If I can install an Aux in, I won't have a need for anything fancier. I'll just put some better speakers in the door.

I took my TC in to local dealer today to have FWS/ToolLink removed. Funny, they left the keyboard & Tool Link stuff still mounted on the walls of the truck. Installed a 6000CD that won't let me set time correctly. It keeps reverting back to 9:09, 08/11/09. I run a service business so who cares what time it is :banghead::rant2: Only thing I'll miss is the built in Garmin. I'm just going to hang my old TomTom on the windshield & wait on a check from Ford... happy feet.gif

If I can install an Aux in, I won't have a need for anything fancier. I'll just put some better speakers in the door.

Tell your dealer to find the TSB that tells them they need to re-flash. I had the same problem.

I wonder if they removed the GPS antenna mounted behind the instrument cluster?

If your Tom Tom has a external antenna connection, and the GPS antenna is still in the dash, you might be able to hook them up and improve your signal to the Tom Tom.

Tell your dealer to find the TSB that tells them they need to re-flash. I had the same problem.

I wonder if they removed the GPS antenna mounted behind the instrument cluster?

If your Tom Tom has a external antenna connection, and the GPS antenna is still in the dash, you might be able to hook them up and improve your signal to the Tom Tom.

Thanks 103! Appreciate the tip. I'll give them a call tomorrow.