Ford Transit Connect Forum

starting problem

Karl W

having a 2003/2004  transit Connect 1,8 di .  trouble is like this :  if i try to start as usual and let it glow before turning the key , engine cranks but not start .  if i turn key very quickly engine starts and run for 1,5 second ,  if i keep Accelerator pedal half way Down , and turn key quickly and keep on turning the key on and of fast i in a way keep the engine running .  when doing this for a while some times the engine starts working like normal and keeps running , i can drive for as long as i like but NeXT time trying to start it is all the same and the problems is there again ,.  ill changed the crank position unit , it did not help at all .

some months before this happen the engine start to have rough idling from time to time , if i  tapped   the Accelerator pedal it starts idling normal againg . it seems like it was getting worse and worese and i noticed when slowing Down to a lover speed limit the car was in a way jerking a little . 

any suggestions to where the problem might be ?

Wiggo