Ford Transit Connect Forum

Very low volume on sync

Hello everyone.

First off thank you in advance for any help on this problem.

I am driving a 2012 Transit connect XLT with the sync radio model ct1t'18c869-ab

There is no display as this is a gen 1? 

This is a company vehicle so taking it to the dealership is not an option unfortunately.

Radio volume is fine no issues. But when I connect my phone via bluetooth and make a call I can barely hear anything. Same with trying to play Pandora even through the USB. So here is what I have done so far.

I currently have a samsung note 8, it connects and makes calls but at a very  low vol, have to put my ear next to speaker on the door.

Tried an iphone same issue. Disconnected the battery for 10 min and reconnected same issue. Adjusted vol on phone and radio same issue. Did a reset and master reset same issue. Now I even got exactly the same radio from another transit STILL same issue. I am at a loss. Apparently there has to be another component causing this issue. I did stop by a local Ford dealership to ask what they thought, said they never heard of such a problem. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks.