Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 driver side sliding door starting to fail

I'm having an intermittent issue on my 2010 that seems common. Waiting on scan tool to be delivered and will update on any error codes I can find, but wanted to reach out here in case someone can help resolve.

Just the driver side sliding door is affected. Passenger has never been an issue. It locks fine, but about 50% of the time it doesn't unlock. Won't engage from inside latch, either. Funny thing is it has started working randomly after being inactive. It's gone back and forth from functioning to not, and I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do myself to correct it.

From the sounds of it, I may be looking at an actuator failing? Trying to figure out if it's something I can fix myself, given I have a rudimentary understanding with these things.

P.S. If there's any way to manually lock the vehicle using the mechanism on the driver side door and close it? It seems to be a preventative measure, but every time I lock it using the door lever and close the door, it auto unlocks. Not end of the world...just would be nice to be able to lick vehicle without key fob. 

Edited by be$

• 1 month later...

I've got a similar issue, except the drivers side slider never unlocks anymore unless you use the interior lock knob. I saw a video awhile back about the way the mechanism wears, it was a great detailed bit that showed a no cost repair, it is some sort of mechanical wear failure, but I can't find the video anymore! I'm still looking, and if I find it I'll post it here.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, did you find the video? 

My side door is having same issue, I only found out the other day that there is a rotary button on opposite end of the inner side door to the inside lock lever. You can visually see it rotate when you press the central lock button. Mine is a 2010 model. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...