Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transmission not shifting into 3rd

Mike0777

Hi everyone, I have a 2013 Ford Transit Connect that won't shift into 3rd gear. Just 1 month ago it was not shifting into 4th gear and had a check engine light. The mechanic connected the computer and said the code was p0172, "air fuel mixture too rich" and that may be the cause of the tranny acting up. I replaced the oxygen sensor, tranny oil and filter, spark plugs, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor, and air filter. The TC drove great for 2 weeks. Than one day, all of a sudden, while driving on the highway the tranny started acting up again. Now instead of not shifting to 4th gear it wasn't shifting to 3rd and had a p0772 code "solenoid e stuck on" I had all solenoids changed but still not working right. It accelerates fine and it goes from 1st to 2nd beautifully then it slips and doesn't catch 3rd. Very frustrating, I don't know what else to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1 year later...

Mike, please tell me you have found the root cause. I am in the same boat. I just recently changed replaced my transmission and everything you listed above including EGR. TC drove good for all of 20 minutes and 3 gears continue to be an issue.

• 1 month later...