Ford Transit Connect Forum

The company bought them by the gross

5-27-11-USA -NY- LI - I now have 2K miles on my 2011 and started pulling 6500 rpm to get on the parkway so I can be doing 40 mph by the time the ramp ends (other mechanics are having the same problem ). It is just me and about 300lbs of tools and gear . It needs a lower gear ratio or 30 more HP . Our office recieved 27 transit's one of a few hundred offices in the USA I dont think they realized the keys are $272.00 ( whats wrong with Ford ) each they gave us one and kept one I cant wait until they start getting our 2nd key bills (northport ford told me to go to a locksmith for a key ) . I am trying to get all the men togather to request HHR's I also have a HHR with the eco4 and matching transmitsson and Im getting 27mpg at 70mph with the same weight load and by the time I hit the end of the ramp Im doing over 60MPH . I can also maneuver without feeling like Im going to flip over . Im 55 and have driven cars and trucks since I was 16 .

7/12/11- 5500 miles something new when my tools shift they sometimes hit the slideing door lock levers and lock the slideing door. I called Ford customer service told them I cant seem to pull them off they told me to call the dealer . Well 3 dealers later it was the same story the service department could not help me they either told me they didnt know how or they have never seen a transet . Thank you Ford .

Edited by RichC