Ford Transit Connect Forum

Stereo Removal Pictures

JGarver

Hello, my name is Justin Garver and I am a national account manager for the Commercial Vehicles Division of ASA Electronics. We are the manufacturers of Jensen Heavy Duty Stereos and Voyager Observation Systems. I am not looking to plug my company or products, I am looking for some assistance from anybody who has installed an aftermarket, or plans on installing an aftermarket stereo in their TC. I will have our mail company's van in 2 weeks for a test install, but they could only pull it out of service for 3 hours. 3 hours seems like plenty of time, but we are installing a couple other components. So, in preparation, I was hoping that somebody has taken a picture of the empty hole left from the factory stereo. I will possibly post some pictures of the install process after to help other people out who are looking to install an aftermarket stereo. I have already purchased the harness, dash install kit, and removal keys. Thanks in advance.

Hi Justin,

Sorry, I didn't take photos. But I'll tell you that if you've installed aftermarket head units before, I think you'll find this vehicle quite easy to work in. I put a double DIN touch-screen DVD player in mine and found there was plenty of room behind it for all wires and a small relay that I added. The dash kit fit well and I didn't need to make any sub-dash modifications. I put the same head unit in my wife's Ford Escape and that was a lot harder.

Roger