Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fixing the flaws

carlb28

As I was at the dealership to confirm some of the issues that I have with my van, the Customer relations manager painted a rather gloomy picture of what may possibly come of these issues that are "working as intended/designed". Sadly most of the issues that I have are things one would rarely check in the course of a test drive, and apparently EVERY Automotive reviewer has overlooked as well.

Designing a vehicle with three rows of seating that cannot be illuminated by the driver is quite an unusual departure from Every other vehicle that I have owned.

Having vents that when "Closed" let just as much air by, but concentrate it even more due to the smaller hole for the air to flow through is again bad design.

Folding mirrors that can remain folded while operating the vehicle above 5 mph is an ambulance chaser lawyer's dream come true. If your TC is equipped with folding mirrors, you can fold them while operating the vehicle on the road, and if you manually fold them while parking or before exiting the vehicle, they will not automatically unfold when you use the key fob to unlock the doors.

Then there is this thing they call a heater for the rear passengers. Queue the Inigo Montoya quote -

Also there is the lingering transmission issues which may or may not have been addressed in the 2015 run.

Not sure about the rest of you, but I am not going to take this lieing down. This evening I will be adding comments to videos on youtube about these issues, filing reports with the NHTSA, and tagging some things in twitter using their #unminivan tag, as well as making public postings on Facebook.

Sadly I have already paid for mine, in full, so the dealership as a sales organization only cares so much... The service department is not likely to get to creative unless Ford Corp offers to pay for solutions/Fixes.

If more owners will follow my model, maybe we can make it uncomfortable for the giant and get our vehicles corrected rather than being told this is the design and we have to accept it.

Thanks for your time.