Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hood Deflector Installation

I'm having a bugger of a time figuring-out the Accessories Hood Deflector. It would, at first blush, seem very straightforward; but there are a few items in the instructions diagram that I can't make sense of. The instructions are available here: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/getFileBlob.do?fileid=834

The specific steps I can't reconcile are 5 and 6. Step 5 depicts drilling-out the holes for the plastic mounting screws, but the second inset shows a second tool I just don't recognize.

In step 6, there are two inset diagrams of either tools or hardware, one reading "PM-13-A", and another that seems to warn "no touch" for 5 minutes. I have no idea what either of these mean. If anyone could take a look and offer any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'm having a bugger of a time figuring-out the Accessories Hood Deflector. It would, at first blush, seem very straightforward; but there are a few items in the instructions diagram that I can't make sense of. The instructions are available here: http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/getFileBlob.do?fileid=834

The specific steps I can't reconcile are 5 and 6. Step 5 depicts drilling-out the holes for the plastic mounting screws, but the second inset shows a second tool I just don't recognize.

In step 6, there are two inset diagrams of either tools or hardware, one reading "PM-13-A", and another that seems to warn "no touch" for 5 minutes. I have no idea what either of these mean. If anyone could take a look and offer any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

The tool pictured in Step 5 is a de-burring tool. There's a blade in it which rotates as you ream the sides of the hole you drill and this removes the burrs left behind from drilling. You could use a fine-tooth round file instead.

Google is telling me that PM-13-A is a Ford anti-corrosion product, which I would assume has a 5 minute dry-to-touch time.

Hope this helps :)

The tool pictured in Step 5 is a de-burring tool. There's a blade in it which rotates as you ream the sides of the hole you drill and this removes the burrs left behind from drilling. You could use a fine-tooth round file instead.

Google is telling me that PM-13-A is a Ford anti-corrosion product, which I would assume has a 5 minute dry-to-touch time.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks. That turned-out to be the case. Ironically, 3 dealers I contacted hadn't a clue, and 2 tried to tell me it was something I knew to be wrong. :)