Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit Inconvenience

humitex

Ok, so I shared information on how to adjust the headlights which is fine, but last night while driving I wanted to adjust them again because they were too low.

So, I pulled over to the side of the road, turned off the truck (problem with that #1) got out in the 40 degree air, inserted the key, turned to the left to unlock, then turned to the right to unlatch (problem with that #2) then had to remove the key and go back into the truck to turn the key back on to allow the headlights to work (problem with that #3) then go back and fumble around in the dark trying to find the access hole for the adjustment screw. (I now bring a flashlight)

WHY, WHY WHY????

I want to meet the design team and talk to them. I want to know what they have against "normal"

I still love the truck..don't get me wrong...I just really love easy stuff.

Ok, they create a feature that allows the radio to come on without the key, but the hood is like Fort Knox, WTH?

Let's put on our thinking caps....

Justin,

Cypress Texas

Or... could have simply used the second key that came with the vehicle.

The secure hood is an excellent feature given the susceptibility of many commercial fleet vehicles to battery theft and the additional protection it affords against easing theft and vandalism by engine compartment access.

I'm much happier Ford was "thinking" about how to make the Connect the best vehicle it could be rather than obscure headlamp adjustment scenarios which most people would never do in the manner you've described.

Guess I never thought about someone stealing my battery....then again, I never thought of that in any of my other cars either, and they had a cable/latch system, but would require you to break into my car first, which would set my alarm off. (not the 70's anymore) And i prefer not carrying that 150+ dollar spare key around with me either.

As far as gas going up to $5, I say drill here, drill now and besides since the gas cap is plastic and can bend, the need for a lock is pointless (to me) and where are you parking that people would have time to suck out your gas....lol

Hey, I still love my truck

jk

I have to readjust my lights now after installing the shelving and ladder racks. "Normal" in Europe is that most cargo vehicles have a dial next to the headlight switch that you can use to adjust the headlights up or down depending on how heavy a load you're carrying. I'm really surprised that the TC doesn't have that.

With the gas prices in Europe, stealing it is a problem, just like it was here when it went to $4/gal. so they lock all the gas caps.

Added: I found a dash photo on the UK site that confirms my suspicion that the TC has headlight control in the cab over there. Here's a photo:post-181-126027611643_thumb.jpg

Edited by PetrosA