Ford Transit Connect Forum

Retrofit 2012 SYNC Into 2011

Well, I've poked around here a bit and, while I've seen swap-out alternatives and all kinds of help and advice (which really ROCKS to have so many people able and willing to guide from their Transit experiences), I haven't come across (or I plain-old just missed) a thread about retro-fitting an older Transit with the new SYNC.

You could say I'm kind of "out of the loop" on these things. Then again, I've owned my Transit for over a year now and, honestly, that time's passed in something of a blurry flash for me. I've put 20K on the odometer, carried sound/lighting equipment all over the state (FL) and even been in a parade with it in Atlanta last year (before anyone asks: www.flickr.com/photos/tyrusflynn/6697348389/in/photostream :-p)

So while looking for a reference pic of my little silver space ship I came across the attached pic as part of a Transit listing. Serious news to me that Ford has listened to us and added SYNC as an option for 2012! Since the radio has been something of a HUGE disappointment to me (I'm a professional DJ and run an event production company), and given that I rather like the SYNC in my friend's Fiesta, I'd -love- to hear any input people might have about the viability of retrofitting a new Transit SYNC into my 2011 dash.

And, yes, I'm not afraid of getting dirty, I know how to wire vehicles and I have opposable thumbs in good working order. ;-)

post-1506-0-65835900-1344407160_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...