Ford Transit Connect Forum

2011/2012 drivers side outside mirror to 2010

I just finished installing a 2011/2012 drivers side outside mirror on my 2010 TC

2011/2012 mirrors had the blind spot incorporated into them

Part number is BT1Z-17K707-D I found this on Ebay

Installation is not bad providing that you have access to the service manual

Which I could copy the page and scan the thing upon request

Tilt the mirror up all the way and release two tabs on the bottom

Instead I released the two tabs on the outside

Then pull mirror out

Push new mirror in

Edited by Mikeeshaq

Here is a picture of the 2010 mirror

In so far as releasing the tabs the backs are identical to the 2011/2012

Ford says release the red and pink tabs but I did the red and yellow tabs

Rotate the mirror to gain the most clearance

Use a thin flat blade screwdriver You must use a flashlight to see what is going on.

No need to press on the tab but simply wedge the two pieces of plastic apart

Once two tabs are released just pull the mirror outpost-894-0-59488500-1341345623_thumb.jpg

Click on the thumbnail to expand the picture

Edited by Mikeeshaq

Thanks for the part # and the write-up. I didn't even realize until looking at the photo on eBay that the blind spot portion of the mirror is NOT adjustable. I just assumed it was like so many others, that you could "tilt" that portion of the mirror to suit your preferences, but I see looking at the picture that it is fixed.

Still, less than 50 bucks for an OEM mirror with a built-in spotter mirror and retaining the heater is a good buy. Probably will do that myself.

I would find the right side a more useful mirror to have the spotter, is there a part # for that?

Two possible part numbers for the right hand [passenger side ] mirror are

BT1Z-17K707-A the other possibility is BT1Z-17K707-C The EPC [electronic Parts Catalog] is not clear what the true difference is

To be sure, go down to a Ford dealer with your VIN [ of a 2011 or 2012 TC] and ask and come back and tell here

There is someone that has a really neat mirror setup for the TC

Seems the OEM mirror get removed, but the 'frame' stays put and a two mirror rig is secured, one for regular and the other for blind spot, both seemed the same size

Edited by Mikeeshaq

Haha, well then what does one do when they have a 2010 TC? I can't give them the VIN for a 2011/2012 model. I guess I can do the left side first and when someone verifies the right side, do that one.

Thanks for the info about the mirrors!

Funny you ask jimmbomb (or should I say Shep?). That is what I want to do. I found a mirror parts supplier on ebay UK (located in the UK) that would sell to the US. The problem was they would not confirm it would fit on the door. I think they were just being carefull. Brand new, the mirror assembly is very expensive so I continue to search for a aftermarket supplier.

Problem with going to a UK supplier is the mirror glass would be all wrong

A UK complete mirror assembly would be for THEIR passenger side since they drive on the left [we drive on the right]

One would have to go to a non-English speaking country to order the correct mirror assembly

Most countries have a VAT. Dealerships are not equipped or know how to ship less VAT

Shipping would be horrendous $$$

To 103west43rd:

Thank you for the mirror part numbers. I did not know the TC had a manual mirror. maybe it is for the cargo van

TO get a VIN for any year just go on Ebay and copy down the VIn for a TC that is for sale

I think I am going to reconfirm the mirror number for the right side and order it Those are nice safety items

Just checked out the web site you posted. These mirrors will work with all North American Transit Connects. I live in Canada, and I see a lot of Canada post ( mail trucks) TC's with these mirrors. I looked at it close up, and they look great. Hope this helps.

YIKES! :rant:

Went to a Ford dealer to ask price for a BT1Z-17K707-A [passenger side] $76.45!

Now that E bay vendor charged $47.00 + $15.00 shipping so that is $62. I think I will visit other dealers and see what their cost is

Got a picture of this mirror?? What's so special about it??

Is it just a stock replacement??

Thanks...

**** EDIT****

Sorry I spoke too soon.... Looks like it's glass only for stock mirror US.

Edited by jimmbomb

Can you post a pictures of your mirrors?? and the year of your TC?? Also... are your mirrors heated too??Thanks...

Sure. It's '06, heated, dual section glass, lower part is wide angle.

transit_mirror.jpg

Edited by mrtn

Sure. It's '06, heated, dual section glass, lower part is wide angle.

transit_mirror.jpg

Hey now mrtn,

that is what I want to put on my '12 to replace the smaller stock mirrors.... Im wondering if those will bolt right up to mine>??

Dammmn nice!!!

Here is the pricing on the mirrors used in the UK. For manual mirrors, including shipping ($75.00) from the UK, $194.40. The funny thing is (or sad depending on how you look at it) the cost of the mirror assembly is about the same in the UK as in the US, except, our mirrors are half the size!!!!!! Electric/Heated mirrors add $80.00 to the above price.

Edited by 103west43rd

Here is the pricing on the mirrors used in the UK. For manual mirrors, including shipping ($75.00) from the UK, $194.40. The funny thing is (or sad depending on how you look at it) the cost of the mirror assembly is about the same in the UK as in the US, except, our mirrors are half the size!!!!!! Electric/Heated mirrors add $80.00 to the above price.

OUCH!!!!! so wer'e looking at over 500$ for a set.. dannnnng