Ford Transit Connect Forum

Backup / reverse problem

My 5-day old 2012 TC Wagon had a problem when I put into in reverse. The engine kept running but it did not back up (it was like it was in Neutral). I could go forward. Tried restarting a couple of times. Buddy got in and tried. No luck. The lever had no problem changing between gears.

I was able to do a very tight turn circle and get back home. The problem did not re-occur. Took it to dealer; they could not re-create or find problem. They said get it towed to dealership next time.

Have been driving for another 5 days now with no problems. It's a little worrying every time that I park now. I have to think that a two truck may have to be able to get me out :(

Anyone heard of this issue or have any ideas how it could be solved?

Thanks

Hello, never had this happen to my TC. But it happened to me once in my 2008 Ford Focus when it was new . I beleave it is the same engine and automatic transmission.Only happened once and never happened again. Must be a fluke thing. Hope this helps. Tranzy.