Ford Transit Connect Forum

Cable through torpedo wall.

Hi!

I have wired up two auxiliary lights, so that they fire up when i switch to full beam. But i need to put a switch inside the car, so i can turn them off. But i can't get the cable through the torpedo wall. So i wonder if anyone know about a hole in the torpedowall, and can guide me through there?

Thank you!

This is a tough one. Here in the US, we only started receiving the Transit Connect model year 2010, and only with an automatic transmission and gasoline engine. Your 2007 is the previous generation and may be a manual transmission and it looks like it is a diesel. Here goes anyway.......from the inside of the van,look behind and above the brake pedal, there are two rubber plugs in the firewall (torpedowall). Good Luck.

Sorry, I cannot get a picture. The flash washes out the picture and it is out of focus. Keep in mind, the reason you may not be able to find the plugs is because you have a 2007, the previous generation of Transit Connects. They might not be there. Try the UK site, fordtransit.org , they may be able to help.