Ford Transit Connect Forum

Always hot power outlet

Hi everyone, I have a 2020 transit. I bought a Sirius satellite radio and I’m looking to keep the radio powered ON When the vehicle is turned off. There’s not much info on which fuses are hot when the vehicle is off. I was going to get one of those 20a 12v add a circuit fuse tap piggy back. Based on the diagram of the fuse box located under the steering wheel would I be able to tap into one of those? If not I’m sure I could tap into the horn fuse, but that’s in the engine compartment and would be more of a hassle. Thanks in advance. 

Unless Ford has changed something with the more recent ones, the factory 12V plug should stay hot at all times, unless something is drawing the battery voltage down too low & then the BCM turns off the 12V power port. My 2015 TC 12V is always on, I have even found my Sirius add-on radio turned on after not driving for a couple days, accidentally left on after my last drive. 

Thanks for the reply. When I shut the vehicle off that outlet stays on for 15 mins or so and then powers off. So I’m guessing this is a feature in the newer models. I doubt it’s drawing that much power in that amount of time to shut it down. I had a dodge before this and like you I would come out Monday morning and realize I left my unit on. Never had a problem with the battery.